7/04/2006

So This Is The Part Where We Start Over

So due to some talking with friends, about equal amounts of whom were representing each side of the argument, I decided to forgive. I think so far this has been the right decision. I am really enjoying the time we spend together and I would really have missed out if I had severed all contact as I was almost rash to do. It's like one of my favourite sayings goes, "In every decision you make in your life you have but two choices. You can choose hate; or you can choose love. I choose love." I will not choose hate, this has been my goal for the past few months or so, and I think it's really working out for the best. Even when certain people are quick to hate me for extremelly immature reasons. I can still chose not to hate them in return. Lyric time, "I believe that my life's gonna see/ the love I give returned to me." I really wish certain of these people would try to be less petty about this whole thing. I know there are feelings involved on all sides and I repect that but to hate me for liking someone and treating them well is just crazy. I have done nothing to earn such animosity. And to not believe her when she tells you she hasn't done something (which she hasn't) is just a perfect example of a lack of trust. Just think this stuff has to be said. I'm really happy with the way things are right now, and if that should change I will adapt but right now I'm doing the best I can for her and for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, man ... I am glad things are looking up for you (you used the word happy to describe yourself!) It's amazing what happens when you take a moment and stop, just stop, and see whats really going on.

Anyway, I'll keep this short ... but I have to say two things: 1. Remember that when you are in a relationship with someone else, you are in a relationship with that person and nobody else -- the input or opinions of others should be of little or no concern to you and yours; 2. Remember that trust is learned and earned -- it doesn't just happen (but when it does, the skies the limit).

Cheers ...

P.S. That is one amazing lyric (I believe its true for all of us too).