7/09/2006

Kinda Drunk...

So forgive in advance any spelling mistakes. Today I worked a closing shift and then went and got free beer at this party that Lucid records and clothing was throwing for Vice magazine...me and matt got pretty drunk all said. I'm seriously questioning the maturity of some people in my life right now. It's like they are looking through a tinted mirror that distorts everything into a shape they can accept. I'm really understanding the meaning of freindship more lately and how some people misconstrue the people they hang out with as their friends. A friend is someone understanding and accepting no matter what. A friend is somebody who will listen and care no matter what is going on otherwise. I have evaluated my "friends" and I know who will be there for me through thick and thin. Remember, a friend is someone who will always build you up. A true friend will never yell at you, or tell you that you're decisions are wrong. A true friend may ADVISE you when they think your course of action is precarious but they will never try to forcibly steer you in any direction. I think in any relationship there must be true friendship first and friendships (as well as relationships) must be free of judgement and full of support. I suggest you look hard at who you consider to be your friends and ask yourself if they truly deserve to have you as a friend. Are they fiercely loyal and would they be willing to support you no matter what you have done? If not these are not your friends; These are people paying lip service to you to fulfill some alterior motive. Your friends will accept you and everything that comes along with you including those who you chose to be close with. Do not blind yourselves with the past but take a cold hard look at the present and ask yourself "is this where I wish I could be?" if not....change your life. You have the control.

3 comments:

Pineapple Princess! said...

Wow. YOu get very philisophical when you've been drinking. All good points though.

Anonymous said...

sound advice

Trish said...

Are you telling me or advising me? lol