11/21/2006

The Car Saga Continues

So I took my car in for its transmission check today and it turns out the tranny is not the problem. It turns out my 2nd fuel injector is leaking fuel over the back of the engine and it's a miracle I haven't burst into flames at any given time on the highway. Transmission dude John tells me that he recommends I get my car towed to a shop and fixed immediately. I tell him that I have a body shop appointment tomorrow to get my wheel well worked on and he says if I drive really slow and don't let the engine heat up I should be safe to get it home. I don't drive it home....I drive it to Millenium Auto where I find out that all the seals on my Fuel Injector Rail are totally rotten and they just fall apart as soon as he touches them. Now I am screwed. Or so I think. Turns out he miraculously finds four seals that will fit my injectors puts them on and TA DA!! Problem solved...for now. If they leak again I have to take them to a Honda tech and get the official Honda Seals put on. So now my car runs a hell of a lot better due to me not missing a fuel injector anymore. But tomorrow I go in to get the body looked at and my wheel well fixed but if what the Transmission people say is true I may be in for more than that. The mechanic at Millenium told me that tons of people didn't get their Accords undercoated properly when they bought them new and they tend to rust in the main frame...which if it's happening in my car may mean I am uber-screwed none-the-less. Praying for my car to survive...and not cost me a fortune.

2 comments:

VivaLaPinto said...

OMG! That's freakin scary!



...hey, Matt Damon?

...I love you man...





...just in case your car bursts into flames in the next couple of days.

VivaLaPinto said...

rest in peace, Sexy Ex-I...

*loves*, Matt Damon!