2/05/2007

When Nothing Turned Into Everything

I don't like that I have no appreciation for some people. I seem to have lost my ability to see the good sides of some of my friends and all their faults just overwhelm the good parts. This is the vast minority of people I know, but yeah it's there. I just wish that some people would stop treating their youth as a cop out. Excuses like "I'm only young once" don't work out because I'm afraid that some of the absolutely stupid things I see people doing are going to one day ruin their lives. If there is anything I want for my friends it's success. But I see some people around me who are living in a fantasy of competence. It's like they expect that one of these days all their dreams will come true and they don't have to work for them. You people kill me. The greatest challenge you will ever face is to be honest with yourself. Stop living in a fantasy world and take a look at reality. You are dooming yourself to a life outside your dreams if you continue with your present outlook. If you get mad at me for being honest with you then you are really just getting mad at the fact you don't know how to fix the problem. Stop getting angry at people when they try to help you. Pretty soon everyone will just stop trying.

In other news I am still trying to figure out where the hell to live. I may just end up storing my stuff and couch surfing if I can't find a place. Shitty deal.

Martha I love you. You are the best thing in my life and I am so thankful for all the happiness you have brought me. You make my world spectacular.

12 comments:

Ky said...

i agree.... the "only young once" theory only gets so far and is really over used....and it cant run life....a nice balance is a great time

Marisha said...

Katie is looking for a new roommate for the end of this month.
Check it out!
By all accounts it's quite affordable.

Anonymous said...

ic...

Martha said...

I love you so much hun, I never really thought that I could love someone this much, but it makes me very pleased that I can :)

Anonymous said...

I got it. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Davies, we (at AKA House) can offer you our living room (your choice of couches!) until you get your feet back on the ground and find a place to live. Just let us know if you would like to.

The Voodoo Doll said...

I can identify with you on so many of those levels, Davies. Just replace Martha's name...


not that Martha isn't awesome too of course.

Bean said...

Have a good time at the game, Jordan =) In return, I would like a Nagler to borrow so I can get all my projects out of the way si vous plait!

Joe Guitar said...

You could have mentioned this yesterday. I would have dropped a Nagler in your purse no problem.

Bean said...

It's alright, I just need it before next Thursday when my first presentation is due. Sorry I didn't mention it earlier.

Jenny said...

Enjoy the game !!!

:D

go canucks

VivaLaPinto said...

RAWR! New post!