2/16/2007

You're An Exception To The Rule, You're A Bonafide Rarity

Just a step or two past utter and complete panic I've begun to take a look at the benefits this change will make in my life. I have decided to take the necessary steps towards adulthood with care and firm standing. This is of course related to my move in less than two weeks. My rent will, for lack of a better word, skyrocket by an astounding 300%. In preparation for this calamity of economic and budgetary proportions I have undertaken a "spend nothing" policy for the next two months until school is over. This will be very difficult for the consumer I have become, but I can only look at this as a golden opportunity to develop a more sustainable lifestyle and habits for the future. I have decided to keep my beater car despite my father's offer to cosign on a loan for me. That would put me in a better vehicle, it is true, but it would also increase my monthly budget by more than I would care to spend. Driving the beater will allow me to take the jobs that I really want to work this summer. It will allow me to stay out of my house and work for the living I want to make for myself. And it will keep me from becoming a mover again. This is going to be the most difficult portion of my life to date but I will overcome and face it with my eyes open and my beack ready to take the weight. I have made the decision to not let this become the event that ruins my life but the one that allows me to focus on my own goals for my future. I am going for it. To hell with whoever gets in my way.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

COngratulations and I wish you all the best, it will be tuff at times, but you'll make it thru :)

you've got good genes :D

Anonymous said...

I agree :) You're gonna kick some ass buds. We all Are! Good Luck. Luv ya dood!!

Queen of Hearts said...

go jordan go jordan go go

Martha said...

whee! you'll do it no prob

Pineapple Princess! said...

spend nothing policy= my life in victoria.

I splurge on payday, maybe I'll buy a coffe or a breakfast at mcDonalds, other then that....

I have faith in you! and that way you'll be able to have fun doing the things you want to in the summer.

Jamers said...

I'm sitting here, procrastinating (I'm an expert), and I came across your blog for the first time in a while.

You know what?

Your friends are right, man. When things are bad, there is no where for them to go but up. Plus, you have Martha. She sounds amazing, as does the relationship you share. When it comes right down to it, you mean the world to each other. That is something to cherish. Don't forget that. It's so easy to forget about the things that are right in front of us. You are so lucky, man. I mean it. You really are. Just think about it for a minute, write it down if you want. The good on the left and the not-so-good on the right. Just off the top of my head, the good completely outweigh the not-so-good.

See?

Anyhow, glad to hear you have found a place to live and that your summer will be truly and entirely your own.

Take it easy, man.

Anonymous said...

updates are fun!