1/04/2007

Check Your Pulse

In the grand scheme of things I think people see me as somebody who has his - for lack of a better word - "shit" together. This could not be farther from the truth. I definitely do not feel that way right now. In fact, I'm scared. I have this big fear that I have lost my new found responsibility from last year. I actually didn't get straight As this semester and it's all because I was lazy. If there's anything I was last year it wasn't lazy. Rather I was slightly crazy but I got my stuff done and took care of myself. This last semester I think I have gotten too involved in the party and not enough in preparing myself for my career to come. All it would have taken to get my straight As would have been a stupid acting journal. How difficult is that? I guess that's my high school self coming out again. The guy who would not do an assignment that he considered pointless or an insult to his intelligence. I am a cocky guy. I won't lie. I consider nothing out of my realm of accomplishment. If I am not so good at something I will become absolutely obsessed with it until I can do it at an above average level. That is how I operate. I think I alienate or intimidate people. There are people that everyone will greet in a physical way whether with a hug or simply a handshake. I am not one of those people. I do get the contact from a few but I guess I'm not a Gregoire who everyone adores and wants to be around. I am not being self-pitying here or even saying that anything should change or that I want it to. I guess it's just that I don't want to leave my life un-analyzed and just continue on as if everything I do is right. I have lived that way before and hurt people close to me and myself. So I guess what I'm getting across is that 2007 will be a year for self improvement and working towards the things I dream about. I can't wait to get working on these one acts. i can't wait to get home. I can't wait to hold my beautiful girlfriend in my arms and tell her I love her without a phone in my hands. I want to get good grades. i want to be a supportive friend. I want to do well at my work. I want to get into better shape. I want to eat better. I want to drink less. I want to smoke less. I want to live my dreams. In short....I want to take over the fucking world....wanna help?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell ya I'm In! Heh, we are so much alike it's sick. Can't wait to see you again buddy, I miss the fuck out of ya!

Queen of Hearts said...

sounds like a good plan you got their. i am glad that you are excited for the one acts, we are going to have a rehursal as soon as possible... maybe monday night if everyone is free!

i'll see you when yoyu get back
~lisa~

ChaoticEggplantQueen said...

I was right there with you up until the less drinking. I'm leaving something for 2008. Ohhh yeah!
It will be nice to have you home.
Martha and I were plotting a double date with you and her and Jill/Or something and I. For I wanted to do dinner and a movie and pretend to be a hetrosexual for an evening.
Yay homeness!

Martha said...

I cant wait too see you

I'll help :)

I'll be right beside you the entire time

Bean said...

Nathan, I will gladly be your pretend gal for an evening!!

tashalaughs said...

remember when i first met you and i told you i thought you were cocky and you smiled and agreed? that was funny. i will always remember that about you.

jordanibanez said...

Just do it, man. Go get em'.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to get up and cheer at the end of that post jordan!!!!

Akiyhrah said...

My goals are so similar for 2007 ^__^ I will totally support you. *hug*

The Voodoo Doll said...

As are mine... almost identical actually... let's go take over the world! Damn those phones!

I also agree with Maber and I felt like clapping and dancing or something...

Good on you, Davies.

Misha said...

count me in for taking over the world!!

Jenny said...

I enjoyed seeing you over christmas :)

best of luck with your goals :D

Marisha said...

Man, I intimidate people with my face! You, Jordan, are hardly intimidating.

Oh and last time I checked I was about 115/75.

ChaoticEggplantQueen said...

You are home! yaay.