5/24/2007

Times Square Can't Shine As Bright As You

I've decided to dub the next few weeks as "riding it out." That's what this feels like. I'm just tying up all the loose ends I can before I leave, trying to see as many people as I can. I'm going to be the ASM for Miss Saigon which is totally cool. I also get to be ATD for the show as well. Cody has me pretty crazily booked right up until Christmas so I don't have to worry about lack of work. I'm still trying to absorb that this is really happening. I expected to have to starve my way through a few years before I could devote myself full-time to technical work. This is just so amazing, I can't stop smiling knowing that the end of the tough times might just be at an end. I can finally start my real life, get myself set up comfortably. I'm going to invest a good portion of my money because I really want to be able to live comfortably. My plan is to buy a condo by the time I'm thirty. Preferably a loft, because I love open floor plans. Here we go....ridin' it out.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to you bro! Enjoy your last days here in Nay-town, and make sure you don't have any unfinished biz!

Leave this city behind, and your legacy here will be remembered. All the good times and hard will be stored away in the archives, and you will have many more to come in your new life.

I wish you all but the best, remember what we've taught eachother, remember all my advice, and remember you've always got a brother here!

If you ever need something, someone to talk to, I'll be here, just like I've always been!

Share all your cheer and knowledge amongst your new co-workers, and I'm sure they'll love everything that comes out of your mouth and hands.

Make new friends, find yourself a lass who will make you smile wider than you already are. Make the dough, put some away for a rainy day. And of course keep in contact, with all the people who have supported you along the way.

Take care of your career Jordan, I know you will go far. Don't do anything stupid or naive, just follow your heart! And I just wanted to thank you for giving a shit about me the last year, and giving me back what I had lost. You gave me back my determination, strength and passion. For all these things, I am truly blessed. And when you become really famous, I can safely say "that's my bro..."

I love you dude, Go kick some a$$! :)

Misha said...

"Remember always that thou art a Techie, born to walk the dark places of the stage, and know the secret ways of thy equipment. To your hands it is given to mold the dreams and thoughts of they that watch, and to make the Stage a separate place and time. Seek not, as do the actors, to go forth in light upon the stage, for though they strut and talk and put on airs, their craft does truly depend on you, to shape the dreams that they would show.



My friends be not deceived by deluded actors masquerading as Techies. Remember always the signs by which thou shalt recognize a true Techies: they move softly during scene changes, not stumbling or falling; they are silent backstage and are aware of what is happening; they can speak with knowledge of Tools; they respect another's job and aid where they can; they do not just stand and watch. Amen."


Wish you the best!! :)

Akiyhrah said...

That's awesome Jordan! I'm glad you have tons of work, that's definitely a lucky break! Have fun doing Miss Saigon, I know you'll be great.

Ky said...

we should go for a beer and a hockey game before you leave

Queen of Hearts said...

*high five*

Martha said...

the loft shall be yours

at the very least a condo by granville island.


congrats jordan, i'm really stoked for you.

Urban said...

I hope you continue to update after you've moved!

Marisha said...

Right on Jordan! I wish you all the best!