12/02/2006

Better Mood...Anybody know of anybody who's selling a Jeep?




















So yeah, things are going okay. Jill's over hangin' out. I miss Martha alot. I wish I had a car I could take up there. Well I could take mine but I'd rather not. Umm so everyone is doing the "I like..." thing that Trish showed me a couple years ago but I don't think I'm quite up for that right now. Bought a couple of CDs today and a couple yesterday. Picked up...
1. Head Automatica - Popaganda
2. Incubus - Light Grenades
3. Joel Plaskett - LaDeDa
4. Damien Rice - 9

Wrote out my tech resume. It felt good to actually have practical experience and education and to be creating a resume to apply for jobs I actually want rather than the ones I've needed to "get by". I have been feeling very tired lately and I think it has to do with freedom. My car was the one thing that allowed me to be free. It feels like I have taken a giant step backward in my life. I miss Martha so much and I have lost the thing that allowed me to see her on a semi-regular basis. I have lost my control on my schedule and my life. I need it back. I need the freedom back.

I've decided to buy my own PA system this summer and start hiring myself out as a freelance sound guy. I need to have some control. I created a picture today that contains my dreams and wants for the future. I hung it by my bedside so that I can see it every night when I go to sleep and every morning when I wake up. I need to be reminded of where I'm going not just where I am. I love my life right now but i am not satisfied with it. I need to achieve something and I am getting the urges to just go for it.

I'm sorry mama but I'm shining only once
Gotta burn off the drama before I do too much
Cuz I'm only flaring silent trying to follow my fleeting flame
tomorrow could be violent I might never be the same

~No Apologies (I'm Sorry) - Proverbial Ride

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be F.O.L. again soon Mr. Davies, just give it a bit o time =) Thanks for hangin out today, I needed to get away from my brain.

Anonymous said...

something for you to look into...

the sound guy that did the well sould for the parksville beach festival said they might need help this summer doing the festival (his partner in crime is also his wife and might not be able to do it) i cant remember the name of the place but bug me for it

also...they were looking to hire someone new for helping around...it is a recording studio...also something to look into if you got the spare time...

and i have rambled enough

Anonymous said...

*ignor the typos...there are a few ><*

Marisha said...

"No Apologies (I'm Sorry)"
This title is treading on Liam territory!
If the pay isn't sh*tty and Rick Salt is busy I'll hire ya! (as if I am in possession of employment opportunities, but I can dream!)

Joe Guitar said...

It's a little more ironic than a Liam "sorry" though Meesh.

Anonymous said...

HELLO..I LEFT ONE IN"THAT'S ALL ONE NOW OUR PLAY IS DOEN"...WOULD YOU SEE THAT??