12/09/2005

I am a Pirate King....

Man Biff cracks me up. Auditions for The Oresteia were last night, I purposely went in with some of my B rate material because I'm not that interested in even getting a part. I memorised the monologue the day before and performed it pretty badly. My song turmed out terrible because I hadn't warmed up at all. Hopefully if I do get a part it will be something small. I really wish thay hadn't split us up into groups because I really wish I could have seen everybody's monologue and songs. I saw Pam's and Lee's before the audition so at least I got to see those. Seeing the people at the production table made me kind of upset because I wanted to be the other ASM for this show and if I get cast then I can't be. Why did I let Eliza talk me into audtioning? I've done a huge role already this year and I didn't sign up for this program to act. I want to part of the crew side. I want to wear all black and stalk around in the shadows. That's what I enjoy.
On the other hand I was really proud of Ashley I thought her monologue and song went really well despite her nerves. Biffs song was hands down my favourite though. He just went up there and totally sold out. I respect him alot for not showing his frustration with the dance audition as much as I was doing. I just couldn't believe they'd expect us to memorize a two and a half minute piece of bellyh dance choreography in 20 mins. Normally at one of these auditions there's maybe a one minute peice or you learn about for different combinations and repeat them a couple times. This was crazy. I was at a loss to say the least.
Oh and I totally failed my music final. oops I thought it would be easy. Oh well from here on out it's stuff I know anyway.

Narcissist signing out.

1 comment:

Queen of Hearts said...

yay for new posts. hey kiddo thanks for being on top of stuff for the one acts, it's very helpful.tty