12/22/2005

Christmas Countdown

So just before I fly out for Kelowna tomorrow, I thought I'd update this one more time before I go. I just realized today why I've been so disillusioned with the whole Christmas season. It's become so cliche and commercial that with all the forced sentiment I think I had lost all faith in what Christmas was supposed to be about. But today I saw a story on the news that tried so hard to be false with cheesy piano music and everything. But even with all the added in cheese and slow-motions and shit what was really there was so powerful I actually choked up. All it was was people being interviewed at an airport about who they were waiting for and how long it had been since they'd seen each other. They then filmed the people greeting each other and it has to be the most touching thing I have ever seen. It made me realize how much I can't wait to step off that plane tomorrow and give my Mom a big hug. It also made me feel bad that tomorrow I will see my mom, but Alleah will be spending the holidays without hers. I hope she's doing alright. I just hope she knows that even when we all go our seprate ways for a while all of us will be thinking about her in the days to come.

So to every one of my friends who reads this, don't take this time for granted. Think about how different things could be and how suddenly they can change. Think about your friends and family and make sure you tell them just how much they mean to you. The time we have together is so short don't let it pass you by too quickly.

So from me, to you, here's a truly sincere thank you for being a part of my life.

Merry Christmas All.

No comments: